Monday, February 20, 2017

Word of the year!



What is a word of the year?

One word to focus on for the new year. Just a single word that keeps you focused and grounded. A word that when times are difficult you can remember and lean on. A word that encourages you. (You still have time it's just February!)

My word.

My word for the year is pursue.
I will purse you Jesus. My relationships. Your word. My fitness. This blog. Whatever you Lord put in my path because you have given this word to me, you gifted me with this excitement, this drive, this desire to pursue. As I look back he was already applying the word pursue to my life before I was even sure of my word. He was already pushing me to pursue. This word is unique to me and yours will also be unique to you. You may not realize why God has given a certain word. Maybe you think the word in your mind is so simple. Just wait until you see things start happening to you and around you, and as you look back on the year you will realize how the word was applied to your life.

How do I find my word?

1. Pray and seek just ask the Lord to show you and reveal.
2. Trust that little small voice inside. The Holy Spirit will put it in you, and speak to you.
3. The word will start showing up all over the place at random times. On the radio or talking with a friend, in a book.
4. Gets stuck in your head. You can't stop thinking about it. Just keeps replaying in your mind.
5. By scripture.
6. Conformation by others.
7. Conformation in your spirit. The desire to pursue or for peace or change, joy, whatever the word may be.

Applying it to your life.

If something comes my way I will pursue it, love it, change it, find peace in it, find joy in it, find relationship in it, whatever your word is. If he has placed it in my/your life and it lines up with His plan, to His scripture it's equivalent to pursuing him all in the same or having change in him or peace in Him
Visualize your word. This year's word has given me the confidence to get back to real life after having a baby. To pursue daily, even if it's as simple as meal planning. It has pushed me to get back to my fitness goals, to go after relationships (which is one of my sweet Friends words), and to even start this blog and it's just February thank you Jesus!! You amaze me every day. Especially on the hard days and here lately with 3 children not many days are easy or a breeze. I am always needed and there is always something to be done. And I have to pursue you each day to have peace and show grace. Like I said I know this is my word for the year the Lord knows just what we need in each season of our lives.

“As for me, I would seek God and inquire of Him, And I would commit my cause to God;
JOB 5:8 AMP

Make me understand the way of Your precepts, So that I will meditate (focus my thoughts) on Your wonderful works.
PSALM 119:27 AMP

A few words that might speak to you.

Love, change, joy, give, strength, relationship, meditation, focus, hope, dream, live, grace, embrace, rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment